Saturday, 4 October 2008

1 more sleep!

Can you believe there is only one more sleep to go! I can't! The nerves are creeping in, so hopefully all my early nights during the week will make up for lack of sleep tonight!
Picked up my race pack (number 28) and t-shirt (gotta have the been there, done that t-shirt) this afternoon and got very excited seeing some of the others I run with.
Amazingly enough, this morning I woke at 4am and sat upright and said to Steve "If I was doing the marathon I'd be getting up now" - what a crazy thought and not one I am contemplating. Although I have said I would run the Mountain to Surf Marathon in the beginning of March next year with someone else, and do a 1/2 marathon each. Strange what the mind will say when the body is tired.
Next time we speak I'll be bubbling with adrenaline and excitement - no drugs needed for this sort of high! Will fill you in on my achievements at the beginning of the week! Let's hope it's "I finished!"

No comments: